That said, there has been some disappointment from the community that we didn’t receive any Next Gen news.
FIFA 21 Reveal Trailer
Why no Next Gen?
Given the timing of the Reveal Trailer, many though it would be tied in with Xbox’s Games Showcase, which highlighted a load of titles coming to Xbox Series X.
It was then disappointing to see no Next Gen news or footage this week, but could this be a blessing in disguise?
Given that Next Gen consoles will be arriving around eight weeks after the release of FIFA 21, and that there won’t be an exclusive version for PS5 or Xbox Series X – play on Next Gen is set to be entirely superficial.
What do we know?
During EA Play back in June, EA revealed the following features for Next Gen:
- Blazing fast load times – get to kick-off in seconds
- Controller haptics (PS5 only) – feel every shot, kick, pass, and tackle in your hands
Graphics and Visuals
- Deferred Lighting and Rendering – a new lighting system creates more detail in every part of the stadium
- Re-imagined player bodies – next-gen technology takes players to a whole new level of realism
- Enhanced animation technology – new animations create ultra-responsive and realistic player movement
- Off-ball humanisation – from adjusting shin pads to screaming for passes, feel all the emotion of football at the highest level
Next Level Atmospheres
- Gameday immersion – contextual player, bench, and fan reactions let you feel the explosive passion of a last-minute winner
FIFA 22 will blow us away
Given the improvements we are seeing on FIFA 21, regardless of Next Gen, it looks as if EA is setting up a very strong foundation for FIFA 22 and the next round of their sports titles.
But that time, we will know the capabilities of the hardware, and they would have seen how the additional cosmetics for Next Gen play for FIFA 21 have performed.
Should I move for Next Gen?
Those in a dilemma about whether they should purchase a PS5 or Xbox Series X for improved FIFA 21 gameplay are in a tricky positio.
It really does hang on your other games.
Given that it’s a free upgrade when you move from PS4 to PS5 or Xbox One to Series X for FIFA 21, that will tempt players to the make the move.
If you are tempted by upcoming Next Gen titles like Halo Infinite on Series X or Spider-man Miles Morales on PS5, then let that dictate your move into Next Gen.
FIFA 21 will be a beautiful game, regardless of which console you play it on – it just depends how beautiful you want to play.
READ MORE: Everything you need to know about FIFA 21
The post FIFA 21 Next Gen: Why was there no PS5 or Xbox Series X footage in the Reveal Trailer? appeared first on RealSport.
Leon Joseph is just a few years into his journalist career, but has already had pieces published in many major publications including Tech Crunch and the Game Spot. In regards to academics, Leon earned a degree in business from Texas State. Leon has passion for emerging technology and covers upcoming products and breakthroughs in the gaming industry.