FIFA 21 news is dropping fast, with a new trailer getting us to take a peak at what EA is working on.
How does that all affect the game on PS5 however?
Is the Trailer footage from PS5?
The graphics on display in the trailer appear to be current-gen, so the chances of it being from the PS5 are slim.
There’s not much information on FIFA 21 for PS5, as the title doesn’t appear to be getting a PS5 release, but rather it will be released for current-gen and playable on PS5.
When will we see PS5 footage?
PS5 is around the corner, and while there are rumours upon rumours, we still can’t confirm a concrete release date – asides from the Holiday 2020 window.
Everyone may be interested to see how FIFA 21 benefits for the impressive power of the PS5. Loading times, frames per second, resolution could all be improved when the game is played on the next-gen machine.
READ MORE: FIFA 21 PS4 vs PS5
It could make sense that roughly a month or so before the release of the PS5 would be a good time to show off FIFA 21 for next-gen, but we’ll have to speculate at this point.
FIFA 21 Cover Star
Little surprise here, PSG star Kylian Mbappe is the front man for FIFA 21.
What is a surprise is to see the Frenchman grace all three covers of the game – check them out here.
FIFA 21 Release Date
EA has confirmed that FIFA 21 will launch on current-gen consoles on October 9, 2020.
If you pre-order the FIFA 21 Ultimate Edition or Champions Edition you’ll be able to play from October 6.
READ MORE: Everything we know about FIFA 21’s Editions
The EA Access (PS4, Xbox One) and Origin Access (PC) Play First Trials will start on October 1.
There is no confirmed release date for FIFA 21 on next-gen consoles yet.
FIFA 21 PS5 Price
To go along with the lack of confirmed release date, there is also no price as of yet for FIFA 21 on PS5.
However, it looks like EA has you covered if you go ahead with the PS4 purchase…
Free upgrade to PS5
Those that buy FIFA 21 on PS4 can get a free upgrade to PS5 when Sony’s new hardware arrives, a feature called dual entitlement.
That means there’s no need to pay for the game twice!
READ MORE: Everything we know about the FIFA 21 Demo
In addition, you’ll be able to carry over your FUT and VOLTA progress from one console to the next.
Next-Gen FIFA 21 Game Features Confirmed
Following EA Play, EA has announced a series of next gen features for FIFA 21!
Key features on next gen consoles include:
- Blazing fast load times – get to kick-off in seconds
- Controller haptics – feel every shot, kick, pass, and tackle in your hands
Graphics and Visuals
- Deferred Lighting and Rendering – a new lighting system creates more detail in every part of the stadium
- Re-imagined player bodies – next-gen technology takes players to a whole new level of realism
- Enhanced animation technology – new animations create ultra-responsive and realistic player movement
- Off-ball humanisation – from adjusting shin pads to screaming for passes, feel all the emotion of football at the highest level
Next Level Atmospheres
- Gameday immersion – contextual player, bench, and fan reactions let you feel the explosive passion of a last-minute winner
On 11 June we got our first look at Sony’s PlayStation via the PS5 reveal event.
The stream gave us plenty of exciting looks into future releases, but it also let us see just how well the next gen console performs with some of the games.
What to expect from the PS5
Earlier in the year, Sony’s system architect, Mark Cerny, shed some light on what we can expect from the new console.
More powerful CPU and GPU
- Improved graphics and visual effects
- 8K supported graphics (if you have a TV which supports 8K)
- System memory increased in size and speed
- Ability to download larger files
Speed and better visuals is all that gamers could ask for in a new generation of consoles. But that’s not all that’s coming.
- Models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments
- Leads to heightened realism, as it allows accurate mimicking of how light bounces off different objects
Ray tracing has been seen as a mode in certain games like Minecraft, and if it can make a significant impact on the sandbox game, imagine what it could do for FIFA.
- Increased immersion with sounds coming from above, behind and around
- Requires no external hardware, but headphone audio will lead to the best results
Better audio means better immersion, which makes everything on the screen more enjoyable.
- Reduced loading times both on loading screens and fast travel across open-world games
- Increased speed of how a world can be rendered
- Cerny demonstrated how Spiderman moved faster through the streets of Manhattan, due to the faster ability to get data off the improved hard drive
No manager hanging around on loading screens, so you can get through Career Mode campaigns in a flash!
PS5 Release Date
Since FIFA 21 will be beating next gen consoles out of the gate on release, when can we expect the PS5?
While we do know when FIFA 21 arrives, the only release date we have for the PS5 so far is “Holiday 2020”.
To read more about FIFA 21, including release date, trailer, cover star, career mode, ultimate team, ratings and more, head here.
The post *UPDATED* FIFA 21 PS5: Trailer, PS5 Footage, News, Release Date, Gameplay, PS4 & more appeared first on RealSport.
Leon Joseph is just a few years into his journalist career, but has already had pieces published in many major publications including Tech Crunch and the Game Spot. In regards to academics, Leon earned a degree in business from Texas State. Leon has passion for emerging technology and covers upcoming products and breakthroughs in the gaming industry.