How will next-gen enhance FIFA 21?
There are numerous ways both Xbox Series X and PS5 could enhance the FIFA 21 experience.
One enhancement we could expect concerns loading times, and the drastic improvement next-gen can offer for titles.
With numerous demos showcasing the differences in loading times, but with the same game, expect one of the most seamless FIFA experiences yet.
That’s not to mention that FIFA 21 could benefit from higher resolution, and more stable frame-rates when played on Next-Gen too.
FIFA 21 Release Date
EA has confirmed that FIFA 21 will launch on current-gen consoles on October 9, 2020.
If you pre-order the FIFA 21 Ultimate Edition or Champions Edition you’ll be able to play from October 6.
READ MORE: Everything we know about FIFA 21’s Editions
The EA Access (PS4, Xbox One) and Origin Access (PC) Play First Trials will start on October 1.
FIFA 21 Official Reveal Trailer
We’ve finally gotten our first good look into FIFA 21 – and it’s definitely an exciting one!
You can watch the full FIFA 21 Official Reveal Trailer below:
While it doesn’t include as much gameplay as we might’ve hoped, and we don’t have any confirmation as to whether this is next-gen or not, it’s a decent start.
Free Upgrade to Next-Gen
Similarly as to how Smart Delivery will work on Xbox Series X, if you purchase FIFA 21 on PS4 or Xbox One before the release of FIFA 21, you can upgrade the game to the PS5 or Series X version completely free.
Your progress on Ultimate Team and Volta Football will also be carried over onto Next Gen – so all the more reason to upgrade!
READ MORE: Everything we know about FIFA 21
While there is currently no option to pre-order for next-gen consoles, we’ve got you covered for all the rest!
Next-Gen FIFA 21 Game Features Confirmed
Following EA Play, EA has announced a series of Next-Gen game features for FIFA 21!
Key features on Next-Gen consoles include:
- Blazing fast load times – get to kick-off in seconds
- Controller haptics (PS5 only) – feel every shot, kick, pass, and tackle in your hands
Graphics and Visuals
- Deferred Lighting and Rendering – a new lighting system creates more detail in every part of the stadium
- Re-imagined player bodies – next-gen technology takes players to a whole new level of realism
- Enhanced animation technology – new animations create ultra-responsive and realistic player movement
- Off-ball humanisation – from adjusting shin pads to screaming for passes, feel all the emotion of football at the highest level
Next Level Atmospheres
- Gameday immersion – contextual player, bench, and fan reactions let you feel the explosive passion of a last-minute winner
Leon Joseph is just a few years into his journalist career, but has already had pieces published in many major publications including Tech Crunch and the Game Spot. In regards to academics, Leon earned a degree in business from Texas State. Leon has passion for emerging technology and covers upcoming products and breakthroughs in the gaming industry.